Here's a list of things I recommend that you do BEFORE you get pregnant.
- Enjoy piping hot baths and hot tubs- extremely hot temperatures can cause birth defects.
- Skating- ice skating, roller blading, anything sport you could potentially fall doing
- Roller coasters and theme parks. Wanted to plan a trip to Harry Potter Wizard World in Orlando... but decided not to after we realized I couldn't ride any rides.
- Adventurous endeavours- duh. But still: white water rafting, zip lining, and the like.
- Sleep on your back...or anything on your back. Cuts off blood and nutrition to the baby. WHO KNEW.
- TRAVEL. Yes, you can travel during pregnancy, but it's not half as pleasant if you are waddling everywhere or have nausea or don't have enough energy to go enjoy the beautiful hikes of Colorado. Plus, having a little one inside you keeps you from going to adventurous places or potential diarrhea-causing places let's say...a nice resort in Mexico.
- Go-karts, trampoline parks, etc.
- Stay up late & socialize alot alot alot. Pregnancy fatigue is a real thing. It's thrown my whole social life off because of the times I sleep & times I eat. Since I sleep at 8:30pm and have really bad gastric reflux if I eat too close to bedtime, I eat dinner early too (like 5:30 or 6pm)... making it really hard to have a social life when most of my friends get off work at 6pm.
- Get your hair done. Want to perm or dye your hair? Do it BEFORE you get pregnant :)
- Save up--- did you know infant daycare can cost more than someone's monthly rent? Also... you CAN save during pregnancy, but it's honestly been really difficult for me. I hate cooking now (due to the nausea, low energy, and the smells that linger the next day) and hate leftovers and I'm really picky about food... aka although we'd like to save, we're eating out ALL THE TIME. AND not to mention maternity clothing. $$$ adds up.
Hope this helps some of you really make the most of your time now!!! :D